Sunday 29 August 2010

The musings of Magpie

In England it is the 'summer bank holiday', according to my diary. Now, why we get a summer bank holiday and not a winter one, I really don't understand. Anyway, bank holidays are normally that typical English let down on the sun front. It tends to drizzle, turn grey and cause everyone to hibernate in ancticipation of winter. Not so this weekend, it's been sunny and people have been out and about.


The reason for that introduction is because it gives a little bit of background to my fuzzy lovey feeling that I currently have. This weekend I have once again been struck by the amazingness of my friends. Whether Christian or not, there are aspects and qualities that bless me, reduce me to unreasonably undignified laughter and shape me to be someone different, and hopefully better.

I look back at seasons in my life, at things I've been through that perhaps no one knew about and I'm amazed at where I stand. Like I said, generally feeling all fuzzy-wuzzy inside. Love and friendship does that to you. I'm pleased I'm not the person that I would be on my own, that God didn't abandon me to keep walking those paths that led to destruction and nothing but pride, and I'm seriously pleased that I've been given so many friends that I love spending time with.

In other news, I went to see this film




which made my head go a little woozy and has made me see things with a cartoon 'POW' or 'BOOM' above them for the rest of the day. Didn't quite know what to make of it. Go see it and tell me it doesn't make you feel like you're on drugs. I may give you a prize.


Peace and love
xoxox




PS Magpie appears to be a new name, based on what my name looks like in Elvish. I know, I know, I get cooler and cooler everyday. x

No comments:

Post a Comment