Wednesday 23 January 2013

January. Ew.

It's getting towards the end of January, and though I've been doing rather a lot of writing, it has unfortunately not been for my blog. Woops. So I'm back. Feeling a little guilty. Please forgive me. 

Christmas and holidays feel like an ancient memory, what with being in the depths of the new year, full of ice and snow and slush, however, they were quite exciting - one of my oldest friends got engaged (yes, I have apparently become that old!!) and I got to spend lots of time running around the countryside with the family. 

My return to London was somewhat hindered by being unbearably ill, and suffering from the flu, which was an unwelcome start to term, but did allow me to watch an unnecessary number of Harry Potter films. I also had a number of evil deadlines that crept out of the woodwork and were a bit of a shock to the system. 

Still, it's been a good couple of weeks, with a couple of nights of dancing, baking, and a visit from friends to see the new Les Mis film, which, might I add, is wonderful. Take tissues. 

Highlights include a night of cocktails and boogying at The Foundation Bar in Covent Garden (a friend has just started organising events, and this was the first, which was huge amounts of fun!) and then an electro-swing night at The Book Club in Shoreditch, which is the home of hipsters and all things fun. I had a cocktail that involved lots of elderflower syrup. Om nom nom. 

Anyhow, here are some photos from the start of the year, and I promise to endeavour to write more often. 


(Last night I went to a writing workshop, and despite my busy schedule, I would love writing to be a bigger part of 2013 than 2012, and blogging seems to be a good way to do that.)


New Years Eve

Bournemouth on New Years Day

Sunset

House friends
Kahaila, a favourite coffee shop on Brick Lane.
Time with two of my best friends.

Electro-swing night at The Book Club
Snowy Street
Brunch at The Breakfast Club
Writing Workshop and Walk Along the Southbank.

Keep warm amigos, love xx


No comments:

Post a Comment