Monday 6 June 2011

Park Life

And no, I don't mean the song by Blur. This week I'm off to Southampton for a week of preaching the Gospel and praying for people on the streets with Life Church Southampton.

Unfortunately, my body has finally decided to fight me after all of the work and lack of sleep I put it through, and I awoke this morning feeling as if something sharp was lodged in my throat, grating at the sides. Obviously the cause of this was some sort of throat infectiony type thing. Still, with a bag of paracetemol and strepsils I headed into work to sort out some things and clean the office (thrilling I know!) before disappearing for a week.

I've returned home, watched Doctor Who and packed. Notorious as I am for bad packing, I fear the amount of clothes stuffed into the rather large suitcase I've removed from the loft could possibly break my arms off at the elbows as I attempt to transport it tomorrow morning. 

Oh well, I've resigned myself to the character trait of super prepared. Yes, I most definitely need a variety of shoes, and plasters in case they rub, and taking both an umbrella and suncream is very important. And then there's the confusion with how much time I'll be having to wear an event t.shirt and how much time I can run around the park in a dress. Okay, okay, these aren't big things, but my brain works in a weird way, and I'm going to accept that.

Anyway, with illness hanging over me, and a deep desire to be full of energy for the week ahead I'm going to head to bed with a book. If you're of the praying kind, I would definitely appreciate some prayer this week for some great opportunities, bucket loads of wisdom, and that I feel a lot better when the morning arrives.

I shall fill you in when I return. I don't doubt that there will be countless stories and testimonies!!

Catch you laters alligators 
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment