Tuesday 7 August 2012

Peace and Quiet

The Scots have descended, and my life is a chaotic blur of work, strange dates and a house full of people. I have about an hour (if I'm lucky) with no one in the house. I am blasting some of my favourite music and sorting things out before I need to be sociable once more.

I cannot wait to finish work this week. I don't know what it is, but I am just done. It's been such a blessing, so many summers, and the money is great, but my motivation has shrunk to nothing in the past few days. Perhaps this was due to a few too many days off last week, and some slight craziness whilst I am at work, but all in all I am seriously looking forward to the end of the week.

And then I am off camping. And I get to sing a lot, and dance a lot, and make a billion milkshakes, and a few friends, and catch up with some old faces that I've not seen in far too long. It sounds like bliss, despite the threat of mud, mud glorious mud, and therefore a soggy tent.

And then I'm off to Italy! Some friends and I are having what might be the last girls holiday for a while, and have booked a villa in the middle of Tuscany. I envision wine, pizza, old buildings, sun baked skin and laughter.

So, there is lots to look forward to if I can get to the end of the week. Fortunately tomorrow is interrupted by a family trip to Longleat. Lions and tigers and bears - Oh my!

Oh aaaand I got a final email confirming that I have a place on the programme that I desperately wanted to work with and never ever thought I would get. I am so, so excited about the opportunity, just because I know I could never have sorted it for myself and God is just so involved. So, serious hurrah for grace.

Time to go and make a cuppa, and make use of the peace and quiet.

That is, if the next door dogs would ever learn not to bark.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment