Tuesday 7 August 2012

Unexpectedly Free


This week I had a rather unexpected amount of time off from work. Working only two days freed me up to do some exciting things. We ventured out to Salisbury on Tuesday and visited the market, and I spent an obscene amount of money on new make up and smart jackets. These things I have termed an 'investment' and therefore justified them. I'm not sure that a silk jacket and primer are essential to life but I refuse to consider these things too deeply.

Wednesday involved more shopping and a very civilised girly lunch in front of huge open windows. We played a hilarious game of 'Pig or Horse'. Choosing the appropriate animal for the face walking past brought new hilarity to people watching. 

Thursday I went on a not-really-but-then-yes-really date. That was amusing. But also a little awkward pyjamas. Hmmmm. 

Friday and Saturday involved drinks with friends, hennaing my hair and causing lots of mess and then celebrating a couple of birthdays. Pizza, cocktails and dancing was the perfect combination, and the sun even  came out to aid our celebrations. There were also animal masks. I'm not sure why, but it was very good. The bar we in had a band that played blues covers and so this required a fair amount of dancing and loud singing. There was also a return of the cocktail in a tea pot. OM.

Here's a few pictures of the last couple of days. I bloomin' love my friends. 
Rabbit, Zebra, Giraffe all went out to dinner.
Chillin' by the River.
Bessies.

No comments:

Post a Comment