Friday 28 September 2012

Three Weeks

I've been back in London for three weeks, and without internet for most of them. But, have no fear, the house is back in the land of the living, and speedy internet has allowed me to blog once again. 

Life has seemed more than a little busy recently, with a three day residential training session for the ParliaMentors programme I'm currently on, as well as returning to Uni and getting ready for some big student stuff I'm taking on with church this year. With all of that, as well as getting settled into our house (and being terribly grown up) I've felt a little overwhelmed, as much as I've been excited about being back in the city.

One of the best things, is that I now live only 15 minutes from one of my closest friends from home, and another friend has also moved to London and lives nearby! I believe I'm seeing them tomorrow for some quirky touristy things. 

I started lectures again this week, and have discovered that I'm going to be reading about four books a week. I'm not actually sure this is physically possible, so I'll keep you updated on that front....! I've also rekindled my love for Downton Abbey (I brought the box sets back to Uni when I popped home the other week) and these have been my much needed respite from the madness of life. It does mean however, that I feel I should be swanning about in evening gowns and gloves, getting married to a Lord, and scorning the Americans. I will overlook the fact I am part American in all of this. Still, it makes me much more inclined to speak 'properly', and act like a lady. This is something that doesn't happen very often when you live in a rather chilly student house. 

Anyhow, it's about time for bed. We're having house brunch in the morning (mainly as an excuse to use the plentiful bananas we've been collecting that are in need of cooking) and then I've got to go entertain myself with fun things whilst I still have the excuse my Uni books have yet to be delivered by Amazon.

Ta-ta for now darlings. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment