Monday 8 October 2012

Tea Cups and Grace

After what has been an absolute mad week, full of illness, visits, dinners, parties and, of course Uni, I was all set to have a bit of a restful weekend. 

Unfortunately I had plans that meant I needed to be the other side of London by 9.30am on Saturday. Doubly unfortunate was the fact I slept through my alarm, to be awoken by the friend I was travelling with, calling me to ask where I was. Needless to say I was late, but said friend was an absolute BABE and came to my house so I wouldn't be late on my own.

Now that's friendship.

It was a great day of training though, and the team I'm doing some things with this year get on so well that it was an absolute joy to spend time planning things, even though it was a tad intense. Still, there was a continuous supply of coffee and pastries, and I came home with a plate of cake, so I definitely shouldn't complain. 

My evening was gloriously chilled. I watched Notting Hill for possibly the hundreth time, and laughed at the naked welsh man just as much as ever. 

Today was another busy one, with things to do, and Church to be at. Still, with so many new people about at the moment it was great to get to meet some of them! The night was finished off with a sweet potato and chick pea curry (an attempt to boost my terrible immune system) and then some Downton Abbey and the first new episode of Homeland. Bit of a contrast, but equally loveable. Downton has the affect of making me 'oooh' and 'ahh' and pine for the twenties. Homeland just has meet falling off the edge of my seat. And possibly flinching in fear. 

The result has left me feeling somewhat alive for the early hours of the morning. Yet I'm in charge of letting the gas man in tomorrow morning and looking after the TV delivery, which means being awake and probably dressed by the time that either of those things is possible. Woops. 

Still, the highlight of all that's gone on, is just the assurance of grace. The past few weeks it's felt as if I've been stacking plates on top of tea cups, higher and higher, and ever more unstable. Too much on my plate. Try too many plates. And yet, life continues, and has yet to crumble or collapse. That is grace. And it's grace that I'm even aware how blessed I am. Days like today, I count my blessings and marvel at where my life is.


Despite fresher's flu, a tower of things to read, and a kitchen that desperately needs a good clean, I'm feeling like life is fairly sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment