Tuesday 27 November 2012

Friends and Things

Considering some of my oldest, bestest friends now live in London, we still don't see each other enough for my liking. My wonderful friend Sarah came and hung out for the evening tonight though. She's a bit beautiful. I rustled up some fajitas, she brought pudding and we scoffed food and watched Love Never Dies. There was a lot of banter. 


I'm a bit of a people person, and the friends I have from school, are some of my favourite people in the world. We've survived most of them doing degrees, moving towns and houses, and more recently getting pregnant and things, but it still saddens me that we don't all live in the same place and spend every day together. Don't get me wrong, we're all stubborn enough that I think we'd kill each other surprisingly quickly if we lived together, but I miss seeing their faces and laughing hysterically at absolutely nothing. 

 Some of them are meeting up this weekend but I'm in Kent so can't go so I am excited about Christmas and seeing them all together, in the same place at the same time. It has been TOO LONG. This C.S. Lewis quote always makes me think of them. Our friendship is based on mutual geekiness, a love of all things strange, and a willingness to let-the-crazy-out. I love them a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment