Wednesday 21 November 2012

London and Bournemouth Combined

Rather shamefully it's been a few long weeks since I last blogged, and even longer since I blogged anything of significance. University essays, a trip home, and generally being inundated with things to do has kept me away from the laptop for a little. But no longer, I'm back to fill you in on a few things. 

Firstly, this is my new favourite retreat...The Gallery Cafe

http://www.stmargaretshouse.org.uk/gallery-cafe/gallery-cafe

They're based in Bethnal Green, so just up the road from me, and they've got the most chilled, casual atmosphere. Good coffee, good looking cake (alas I cannot say I've tried it) and all their food is vegetarian and vegan.With a conservatory type area at the back, overlooking a garden, and free wifi, it's the best place to go and do work. I was there late afternoon, and with fairy lights, and darkness settling in outside, it was more than a little bit atmospheric. Nicely inspiring. 

I'd heard a few people from Uni go on about these guys, but they really are great. And what's even better, is that they're involved in helping the local community! Super ethical; means eating cake is totally excusable...in fact, it's encouraged! 


Secondly, I'd like to reiterate my absolute love for the Purbecks. Coming from the south coast, I've often forgotten just how lucky I am. The beach is ten minutes down the road, the New Forest is one side of my town, the Purbecks the other. 

This weekend I went home to see the family, whom I've missed A LOT. It'd been about two months, and I was in need of my cats and a roast dinner. Also some friends from home, were rather wonderfully also back i this weekend. I spent a lot of time trying to relax, and eating good food, and chatting. It was just what I needed. On Saturday the family and I went out to Durdle Door, and though it'd been grey and rainy the entire day, the sky cleared and we saw the most incredible sunset. 


The Purbecks and I are good friends. It always just seems to work out. It's like they know I'm not there too often. 
So anyway, I'm now back in London, had a packed day of Uni, meeting up with an old American friend from last year, and then we headed to the recording of Never Mind the Buzzcocks. Free entertainment is the best. 


I'm finally beginning to feel like I'm winding down, perhaps it's the alleviated guilt now I've finally written about some of the things I've been meaning to! 

Lots of love xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment