Wednesday 16 June 2010

Mid-week Madness

Ok, so, I work in a crazy job. It involves selling ice cream and smiling at foreign people who don't know what £2 coins are...etcetera, etcetera. No doubt I will have a further rant about it at some other time.

But anyway, baaaasically, I was not expecting to work today, due to the lack of offered hours over the last week...Therefore, it did not seem too important that I stayed up until half past three this morning, on the phone (and a very nice phone call it was too!). Unfortunately for me, I was woken up at 8am by my manager requesting my presence today. Consequently I had a twitchy tired eye all day and looked like an utter social reject. Thumbs up for me!

Despite my horrific tiredness, and general weird facial expressions, I did actually have quite an enjoyable day. After unpacking a million boxes of exciting things like frozen chips, crisps and serviettes, I wandered further down the beach to one of the other ice cream kiosks owned by my boss. This was, quite a blessing to say the least. Firstly, the guy I work with down there is INSANE. He makes lots of noises, he dances, jigs and is altogether very entertaining. I like him. So our afternoon involved, throwing plastic bottles of water around, which doesn't sound as fun as it actually is. Just imagine the added danger of these bottles exploding every so often and spraying you with water. Mix in some epic music blasting from Radio 1 (which normally I deeply dislike) and you can imagine one happy, yet, tired, and twitchy eyed girl.

I would just like to elaborate slightly on my absolute overwhelming joy at the music choice and commend whichever DJ it was. MUMFORD AND SONS were played, and so I sang, danced and skipped around the ice cream kiosk. This was followed by Toploader's, 'Dancing in the Moonlight', an Avril Lavigne song and then a little later on, 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'. Neverrrr does that happen to me!



To top off my rather marvellous work hours, I had beans and cheese on toast for lunch <3 and later in the afternoon I sold an entire box of 40 ice creams to some school kids who all cheered, smiled, waved, and shouted thank you to us.

Who says work is dull??
x

No comments:

Post a Comment