Thursday 30 September 2010

General happiness

About three weeks into FP and I sort of feel like I'm getting into the swing of things so to speak. I still struggle with the early wake up every day and the trek that is my walk to the office. But, all in all, it's been a good few weeks and I very much enjoy what I'm doing.

After spending a year being a mopey, confused working person and doing some really rubbish jobs whilst my friendies (I really don't know why I keep calling them that) were off having the time of their little lives, it's beyond delightful doing something that I actually want to be doing. What's also great is that I still get to meet new people cos the church is far from a static, stationary place...people come and go, and visit and all sorts. It's pretty epic!

Anyway, yesterday I took the afternoon off as I had some time in lieu and had a delicious vanilla latte and chat with a friend (this was after a slight incident where I fell out of my shoe on the way to the cash point, I'll leave you to imagine and laugh a lot) and then we gathered with some other people for a road trip to Southampton. A great band called Jesus Culture had an event on, and I love both their music and what they stand for so around 20 of us from my church ended up being there.

It was an incredible evening of worship and teaching, and a reminder of what we're asking and what we need to give if we're to see revival break out. Absolutely mind blowing and God was so present with people being healed and stories that increased faith. It was one of those momentous evenings where you really sense that something dramatic has changed, not just in your own heart but in the hearts of the others you were with...

So that was the beauty of last night. At this point I'd like to give kudos to Alex who drove us and in fact drives us about a lot. Much love my friend!

Then today, after an epic drive, sitting in both a lot of traffic and later watching the beauty of the English countryside as mist lifted from the hills and the sun shined on, we arrived at Yeovil for a regional meeting.

Until today I hadn't seen nearly any of my friends who are also doing FP for nearly a month, and whilst that's not that long in comparison to some people, I tend to love and miss people easily. I guess I'm just the mushy, emotional type. So we got to all meet up, chat about the exciting projects we've started, the crazy hours we're doing and the madness that's going to continue to be our lives for the next year. I tell you, being a Christian is NO boring thing. It's not rule following, it's love and it's adventure. There's nothing better. We had three fantastic sermons which once again challenged and inspired and shared lunch before another drive home. AND I got home early.

So yes, I mean everything isn't perfect and I do miss those same friendies I mentioned earlier, rather a lot and wish I could combine everyone I love in the same place at once (miiiight have mentioned that one before :P) but for the time being I love what I'm doing and it's not too stressful or emotionally challenging (YET).

Tonight I'm babysitting my sister so I'm going to catch up on a bit of Gossip Girl and possibly Glee if I can find it. Sleep too. To you students out there, you don't know how good you've got it. Sleep is valuable, precious and in my life, not exactly available.

Happy Thursday one and all
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment