Monday 25 April 2011

Bank Holidays

I must admit with all of these bank holidays, my head gets a little confused. It's a monday...should I not be at work? But no, I'm off this week, continuing my theme of fun relaxingness.

It's been a good few days, filled with friends and family and Jesus. A good mix for Easter really!

In other exciting news I am now back eating chocolate...it was a moment full of anticipation. I fear the chocolate I ate yesterday disappointed me somewhat. Still, I've got plenty of time to find some that is a little better...which obviously means tasting and testing. Hopefully I won't turn into Bruce Bogtrotter... That would be scary and disturbing in all kinds of ways.


This week I have had my first BBQ of the year and the first beach BBQ of the year. Both were good. The latter was St George's Day themed and it was nice to feel a little patriotic and discuss dragons and such. We built a big bonfire out of all of the rubbish...including the plastic. Not something I'd really recommend.

Today I went for breakfast with the friendies, which involved pancakes, croissants and pineapple. An interesting start to the day, and very nice to see people who live a long way away normally. I am now home and attempting a spring clean and sort out of many, many things.

I've started with the wardrobe, the chest of drawers and cupboards will follow...and maybe the desk if I have time/haven't created so much mess that I've drowned in unwanted clothes. The thing is, I am a stupid creature with too many emotions, who gets far too attached to inanimate objects. I'm also a SERIOUS planner and horder which combined with my love of things pretty (regardless of the fact they're old, too small and need to be binned) makes a spring clean quite a traumatic experience.

Do I throw it or keep it? Do I donate to charity or save for an event? Could I cut it and make patchwork or cushions or maybe shorts?

...So yes, these are the dilemmas of my day. Not you know, earth shattering, yet mind boggling enough for me.

With that in mind, I should probably embark on my mammoth task!

I hope you are enjoying a day off and the warmth of the sunshine.

LOVE x




PS - My next door neighbours are very annoying and I would like to make them shut up. They are discussing ridiculous things. Pahhhhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment