Sunday 10 April 2011

Miss Rambles

I realised that  I've named myself Miss Rambles and in many ways I think it is fairly applicable.

So, true to form, I shall rambly inform you of my weekend! No doubt you are desperate to hear of my adventures, you crazy stalkers.

Friday night involved a trip to the slightly rougher side of town, and into a pub. In the process of attempting this, we travelled up a hill on the hunt for a car parking space...only to get stuck and begin to roll backwards. Being the passenger, there is nothing I can do to control the car! Time for fear.....well perhaps. Fortunately the hand break came to the rescue and with me leaning forward (very important I'm sure you agree) and a good start, we managed to avoid crashing into the sea backwards in a vehicle. After that we calmed our nerves with a shared pudding (get us being healthy!) and I had a stupidly big pear cider, keeping to the theme of summeriness.



Saturday I spent in bed, or at least the morning was spent there, cocooned in a duvet, and accompanied by a wonderful book. It was a good start to the day, and left me feeling very relaxed. The afternoon passed with a trip to an area called Stanpit Marsh, an area of, funnily enough, marshland. It was stunningly beautiful as we navigated around the gorse bushes, the wild charging horses and the nature reserve lady who told us to be careful because the environment was 'sensitive'. Does it have feelings I wonder? ....This was post an incident where Alex fell into the mud and lost her flip flops.

We clambered through the marshes, using the wooden walkways that crossed the muddy, damp fields, and we ended in the rather bustling part of Christchurch where we went for a cream tea, before meandering back through the town and across the fields. It felt surprisingly like I was in Lord of the Rings. Not bad for an afternoon's adventure!

Today began with an earlyish start and breakfast out with the girls. Sunday means Church and so we gathered together late morning for worship and teaching. It was great to have a visit from an elder at Winchester who was brought a timely challenge and an encouraging word. The atmosphere was almost electric with people buzzing about the weather, seeing each other, and meeting with God. It was the kind of great Sunday that I love.

The afternoon flew past in a blur of food, forest and friends. Out in the New Forest, with the sun beating down, a large number of us gathered for a picnic which spanned the whole afternoon before we returned to Church for baptisms. With Frisbee, tree climbing and chatting, I was very entertained, and the sunshine means I now have a smidgen of a tan...just a smidgen.


Back to Citygate and an incredible evening seeing 6 people baptised, and hearing their stories of how God rescued them, saved them and has given them hope. Two students, two youth and two others, and several of I have very close relationships with. It is incredible to hear such stories, and to know such grace is freely available. Blows my mind and fills me with happiness.

To the pub to celebrate the fun we'd had, and a nice time sat outside, enjoying the spring evening.

Now home, writing up my day, pondering a cup of tea, and considering bed.
Miss Rambles is in the house and has had one brilliant April day. I hope that you have been equally blessed.

LOVE xoxoxoxo



PS - Dear Moneypenny at Pyjamas, your guest bloggers were fantastic. Perhaps you all could come and guest blog for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment