Friday 29 April 2011

Breakfast, Phone Calls and Bluebells

From my house to Winton, back to my house, then to Wimborne, to a church ruin, a hill, several fields and then a very scenic route home again, it's been quite a busy, but rather enjoyable day. 

Again, it was a day of holiday, and with little in the way of things to do, apart from a breakfast visit with a friend who is off travelling this weekend, and a few tedious phone calls to make, I was free to spend the day how I wished. I watched an episode of Glee, made an excitingly French themed lunch, and then went on a bluebell finding adventure. 

English spring is quite a beautiful occasion, full of bursting blossoms, fields stuffed to overflowing with flowers, and the brightest shades of green and yellow spreading across the land in patches that almost make up a fluorescent patchwork quilt. The end of April, beginning of May, signals the time for bluebells...something that appears to be a yearly phenomenon across the country that causes people to rush to some of the secluded spots that host the pretty flowers.

In theme with feeling a little older than my nineteen years, I accompanied a friend on his dog walk, and went to find the bluebells that everyone is talking about. Somewhere in my head, I think I secretly believe that life is a fairytale...and not the sort that is filled with prince charming and evil step mothers, but the kind filled with fairies, elves and hopefully hobbits... Now logically I know that such ideas are nothing but fanciful notions, but spend an afternoon in the dizzying sunshine surrounded by woodland and flowers and I become more accepting of such silliness. Listening to a large amount of Joanna Newsom also induced some madness. 



Anyway, before you commit me to a mental hospital, I shall assure you that I am quite sane, spent much of my time taking photos, and have returned home to watch The West Wing and talk on the phone rather a lot, in an attempt to plan some of my more crazy ideas. 


Tomorrow is the Royal Wedding (which you should most definitely know) and so I am planning a lazy morning involving pyjamas and cereal and some royalty on TV and then a fun afternoon before my holiday comes to a complete end. 

Have a spiffing weekend ol' chaps!

Good night

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment