Tuesday 26 June 2012

Catching Up

True to form, I've somewhat struggled to blog regularly since coming home. It's been a bit of a blur since coming back, and though I'm still struck every so often for Mile End and the joys of city life, I've got used to being back in the south. 

(After watching the football the other day, which in itself was a bit of a surprise, I caught some of the hackney weekend being aired and all I could see was the beautiful East. I might have squealed and got a tad emotional. Woops.) 

Anyway, tonight is my only evening in for the next two weeks. I've somehow acquired a job, but unfortunately it means working til midnight most of the time. Boo. I fear this could hinder seeing friends, but we shall see! The pennies will certainly be helpful as we've finally booked our summer holiday! to PISA we shall go. Well near enough, it's some sort of villa in the middle of nowhere. I am insanely excited considering it is months away. 

So for some more recent news, I've been to the beach and the forest a fair bit, might've got caught in some some sort of bog a couple of days ago too. Oh and it was the bessie's 21st birthday, so we had a huge BBQ and a lot of pimms. Today I went swimming, and then watched Toy Story 2 which was an absolute treat. I am one of those shocking people that has yet to see the third one, so I was getting prepared. 

I've also begun to learn guitar. Well, I say learn, I've learnt the strings or whatever for about five chords. I was greatly saddened by the need to chop my nails off though, so have yet to proceed. Also, it hurt my hands!

With all of that going on, there's not been much time for blogging so I do apologise. I've just found photos from my last days in London and my return to the coast, so enjoy some cocktail inspired photos, and a few with a nice dose of nature.

Jubilee Celebrations

Afternoon Tea at the Primrose Bakery

Our last night out in Shoreditch

The overflowing car as I packed up my life!

The view from campus to Canary Wharf
The hometown

The lake by Hengistbury Head

Watching the Sunset

A rather disgruntled cow

That's probably enough photo spamming for now! No doubt there'll be a few more over the next few weeks. I am ever so excited about the return of the rest of my friends. They've all become very old and are graduating and such, which is nothing but scary pyjamas. I am uber proud of them though, and think they're the absolute bees knees so I can't wait til we're all reunited!

Enough rambling, I must go to bed. In the meantime, I hope you are all as freaked out as I am that Harry Potter is 15 years old. The fact that I remember it all coming out makes me feel ancient.

You can check out old article clips here at The Guardian!

Love and peace amigos xxxxxxxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment