Sunday 3 June 2012

Sisters


My sister and I have a strange relationship. Nearly seven years separate us in age, and we're rather different. She's the tanned, skinny, artistic one. I feel she got all the good genes. Anyhow, when I lived at home we tended to argue. She is the one person that knows exactly how to wind me up in under ten seconds...perhaps that was a consequence of the good genes, who knows! 


Anyway, since I've moved to London, things seem to have improved. Apart from the casual fight when I spend a few too many days back at home. So, with me leaving Uni in a week, we decided it was about time for her to come and pay me a visit. She arrived Friday morn, and left this evening so it was only brief, but we managed to travel all over London.

With a trip to the East End Thrift Store, which I adore, and a few new purchases in hand, we grabbed some lunch and headed to Covent Garden. I may have bought some sort of glass and white metal jewellery display table super cheap is Sass and Belle, and a new top in H&M. Woops. In the evening I cooked up a culinary feast, which essentially means I put pizza in the oven and fed her lots of rocket salad for some greens.

We then headed to Genesis, the local cinema to watch Snow White and the Huntsman, which, though fairly awful, did manage to redeem itself with a few nicely shot things and some good looking men. Also, the dwarves were quite, quite wonderful and there were a few moments that felt LOTRish. Always a good thing.

This morning we got up and went to Borough Market, tried all of the insane food, and then had a picnic in Southwark Cathedral before heading to Portobello Road. The sister has never seen either of those she was like a kid in a candy store, which in Borough market wasn't too far from the truth. 

Jubilee Festivities in Covent Garden

The Most Perfect Picnic

In Southwark Cathedral

Sisterly Love

After taking her to the coach station, I got BACK on the tube AGAIN and went to a friend's new music night. He's launched something called Vine Sessions, a brand new folk night for unsigned artists. It was amazing. It also helped that I knew a couple of people performing and a LOT of the crowd. We drank and chat and danced and clapped and I'm now soooo tired.


In fact, the use of capitals, long rambling sentences that never seem to end and just talk about rubbish, all suggest that it's time for bed.

The new Sigur Ros album, Valtari is playing, I've had a very late dinner of bread and cheese, and I'm going to go dream. Tomorrow I'll be at the Jubilee River Pageant. Might try and have a cuppa with Her Majesty after church in the morn. I'll let you know if she's as civilised as her suits and hats make out.



Much love friends, may you sleep well and enjoy the bank holiday!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment