Monday 30 July 2012

Pimms and Peacocks

The past couple of weeks have been a blur of work, and seeing friends. I've been a little dazzled by the sunshine too, hence the lack of blogging. Also, I recently acquired a phone that hasn't come from the Stone Age and so I've been spending less time procrastinating on my laptop.

So yes, LOTS of work. It's been kinda great I've had hours so I'm super thankful about that. Did involve me working 51 hours last week though, and being out every night doing things too. I am tired.

In the past couple of weeks I've enjoyed a lot of good food. Some friends and I cooked pizza from scratch, dough and all, and then layered the very best combo of ingredients on top. This involved prosciutto, goats cheese, olives, and rocket. Om. I also went out to Brownsea Island for one of my favourite evenings of the whole summer. It was a baking day, and we sailed across the harbour, taking the most luxurious picnic I think I have ever experienced. There was wine, and a lot of M&S food, and a wicker hamper and wool picnic rugs. And then we watched Shakespeare in the open air, as the sun set. It was stunningly beautiful.

Friday night I went and had very civilised drinks on the beach with the mother, and were surprised by a rather nice firework display, and then it was back to the beach for a birthday BBQ on Saturday. In fact, I feel like I've been living at the beach recently. Think someone needs to build me a house down there; it'd totally be worth it. 

Yesterday was one of my favourite days. Sundays are always wonderful. I love going to church. The fact I get to see friends after is an added bonus. We went out to one of my favourite picnic spots in the New Forest, and then migrated to the pub when it began to pour with rain. There was a lot of laughter, and a jug of pimms, and it was just beeeautiful.

And then today I got some really good news, and that combined with the promise of adventures in Salisbury tomorrow and shopping on Wednesday, makes me rather cheery. Summer is just superb.

Pizza Extravaganza

Early morning beach walks.

Brownsea Island Peacocks.

BBQ's, Friends and Sunsets.

Quaint Dorset

Pimms and Pubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment