Monday 4 July 2011

From Thoughts to Words to Actions

A week or so ago I started to begin to decipher my thoughts, as FP ended, my friends returned from Uni, and I did the inevitable balancing act that has become my life. After trying to move my thoughts into words, and imprint them upon a page, I realised it wasn't working, abandoned the attempt and picked up a book, deciding to lose myself in some else's thoughts, and another's words.

Book finished, balancing act continuing, and FP still over, and it's probably time to face the things that I'm trying to ignore.

The end of June meant the end of FP Training. We celebrated what God had done in our lives, and spoke about what God was going to do in us. I had that amazing moment of joy as I looked around at 27 others whose lives had been radically changed inside and out. With a social on a boat, and plenty of time to chat and dance and have fun together, it was with a twinge of sadness that we said goodbye to each other, and to the Elmgrove where we spent so much of our time. I can't deny that it was an incredible few days, and for me personally, God spoke some amazingly reassuring, encouraging and challenging things. Of course, me being me, decided I'd write them in my journal and ignore their bigness. I'm beginning to think I might actually have to do something with them though.

Returning to Bournemouth led me to a fun celebration of a friend's birthday, a visit to my nan, and a fun Sunday dancing around Boscombe promenade enjoying the sunshine and the music being played.

Another week began and with a visit to London in sight, the days glided past quickly, until it was early Thursday morning and it was time to get on a coach. I travelled up to London with friends for a mini festival in Hyde Park. Owen Pallet, The Vaccines, Beirut, Mumford & Sons and Arcade Fire entertained us from four til eleven, and by the end my feet were grubby, my ears ringing, and a grin was plastered to my face. I love live music with some of my favourite bands.

Friday continued the London adventure with a trip to Camden where I was tempted to steal piles of leather bound notebooks with beautiful plain pages, just waiting to be written upon, and then off to Trafalgar Square for a Nero in the sun and a visit to The National Gallery.

With so much running about, it was a wonder we managed to stay awake on the train home, but that we did, and I arrived back in time to get sufficient sleep that a day at the beach was possible on Saturday.

Spending time in London is an exciting thing in that I get to ponder all of the exciting opportunities I'll have on my doorstep come September, but is also a reminder that London is huge and I'm a shy girl from the South that likes pretending to be a hippy, and hiding in the local coffee shop. A giant city is scaaary!!

Anyway, all of the things I've been up to have slightly pushed actual 'thoughts' outside of my head...or at least to a place I can ignore them. This week I might actually have to look at making some actions come of those musings.

For now, I'm going to make some iced tea and relax in the garden with some Piper.

LOVE xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment