Thursday 31 May 2012

A Small Excursion

The past days have been a blur of sunshine, markets, chatting, cold beer and goodness. It's been amazing. I think I fall more in love with this city every day. The pavements are hot, the summer dresses are out and in East London the smell of cooking food fills the air. It really is like being on holiday. In fact, I've even got tan lines! 

Yesterday a few of us headed to north London though for a little excursion. A few friends live in a gorgeous house up near Harrow, and though it takes nearly an hour to get there, it's definitely worth the effort. With a huge garden, and a giant house, it's the perfect place to spend time chatting and chilling, enjoying the summer sun. We cooked up a huge salad and whiled away the afternoon with conversation and laughter, and though the sun went in and the rain poured, it was the very best sort of rain; the thick droplets of a thunderstorm. It smelt like summer, with the warm air and the damp grass and I had yet another of those moments of being blissfully aware of how blessed my life is. 

The evening consisted of huge amounts of pizza, making use of  Orange Wednesdays and then we watched Final Destination which I think is quite frankly the most ridiculous film. 


Still, we had fun and finally got to bed in the early hours of the morning. Waking up this morning it was time for a porridge and pyjama party as we blearily said hello and enjoyed breakfast. 

I'm now back East, have found a gorgeous house I think we want to live in next year, and am enjoying a hot cup of tea. It's now nine days until I leave London and am super sad about it. But, until then, my sister is coming to visit! WOOP! and it's the Jubilee weekend. 


Plenty to keep me occupied I'm sure...! 

Lots of love xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment