Friday 22 March 2013

Just Life

The past week has been one of my most hectic. The uni deadlines are piling up as we're getting towards the end of term, and I've had events or things to do every single evening this week. 

Monday was the perfect way to start the chaos with dinner with one of my best friends. There's something so  beautifully relaxing about spending time with people that have known you for near enough forever. I cooked some chicken, made some bread and we drank some wine. Rather rustic but absolutely perfect after a day of writing essays. 

This week I also had the opportunity to go to one of the coolest events, courtesy of the ParliaMentors programme I'm on. I trekked up to North London (surprisingly far when you live out East) and went to a discussion evening with the future Chief Rabbi. The whole night was an attempt to create dialogue between London's Muslim and Jewish communities, and we were invited along to catch a glimpse, get a tour and share some hospitality. Incredible opportunity. 

After all the running around London, an interview, another dinner and some training with Church, I felt it was a good time to visit one of my favourite places in London, the Fleet River Bakery. I've written about them before, and cannot rave enough the quality of their coffee. I popped in on Wednesday afternoon as I was in the area, and though it was late afternoon, the place was heaving and I had to weave through chairs to find a spot in a corner. Definitely worth it. With some coffee and some cake I settled down to do some reading, and in the end made a long phone call to catch up with another far away friend. 

Coffee Cake, Fleet River Bakery

Other highlights of the week included a spontaneous run around Kings Cross Station to see Platform 9 and 3/4. Being a huge Harry Potter geek I don't really know how I've survived without taking a visit, so I could barely contain my excitement when we walked in. In all honesty I might have skipped. 

Overly Excited Geekiness

After such a mental week of reading, writing, thinking and such I was very much ready for chilling at home tonight, with pyjamas, wine, the housemates and An Education (which is an incredible film!)

The weekend is set to be busy, but tomorrow will be a week until I'm back home to the seaside! And as much as I love London and it has captured my heart with it's bursting streets and swirling river, I will be pleased to paddle my toes in the sea, and breathe air that tastes of salt and childhood. Bring it on.


And apologies for not writing, I've been doing some other things and blogging has taken a backseat. Soon to be rectified! 

Love and peace xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment