Monday 10 January 2011

Blogging Impulse

After my time away, I feel compelled to blog, but as yet, I'm not entirely sure I've fully comprehended the mammoth things that occurred whilst I was away. I'll try not to be too dramatic, but, lets just say, it was a bit of a dramatic few days.

I've been a Christian for over four years, I'm involved in a church I love, in fact, this year I'm working there...I've learnt several big lessons and I think I'm beginning to make progress in areas that I've been keen to grow in.

It's very easy in an environment of love and acceptance to become either comfortable, or to not fully comprehend what Jesus did on the cross, and I think that I've fallen into both traps.

Firstly, I am so grateful for a church where I find people who look after me, guide me, and care for me, and offer the listening ear and the sometimes intrusive questions that I need to open up. It makes me want to be like that. Everyone, everywhere needs people like that.

Secondly, I have never, ever, really understood freedom. When we sing of freedom, when I dance in worship, when I say with absolute conviction that Jesus is the hope for every situation, I didn't quite get it. My thoughts were in their infancy, and hopefully from a week in a strange forest bubble, I might be a little more mature, and a little more experienced in how that really works. So anyway, knowing that freedom is my inheritance, and joy is my aim, I am off to organise my life and so some studying.

Cup of tea is soon to be in hand.
Bless you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment