Monday 31 January 2011

Update

So this was my first weekend at home for a while. And by home, I mean in Bournemouth rather than in my actual house. If you see previous post, there is good reason for that.

Living in a house purely of women certainly has its negatives at times. Still, it was nice not to be off somewhere.

Saturday was a geek day and I loved it with all my heart. Started with a nice (but not so tasty) coffee with the curly one before she ran off to be with the boyf. Less than a month and it feels like forever. Chatting face to face was fun. We also had croissants so it was almost a civilised breakfast deal going on.

Then proceeded the major geekiness. I am a geek. I in fact like being a geek. I appreciate geeky things. I think geeks are cool. And so, I spent twelve hours watching all three Lord of the Rings films. And not just that, they were the extended editions. We gathered around thirty or so people and hung out with some seriously British food and the Hobbits.

During the day, I was hennaed, painted my nails, learnt to knit (sort of, I'm not too good!) and had my hair plaited like an elf. I also quoted most of every film, sang along to the songs and generally showed myself to be one cool creature. A friend cooked a roast, after providing soup and cream teas as nourishment for our day's adventure. Altogether it was quite, quite delightful and incredibly lazy.

Sunday was church day, and it was such a good feeling to be back home. I love visiting other places, but home church is just the best. I was on the end of an aisle and as people walked down chatting to get communion lots of people just hugged me. I appreciate hugs, and I appreciated the care and concern for where I'd been. It was very lovely.

I spent the rest of the day sharing mexican lunch before chattering away to the girlies, and then heading to a back room to do a bit of a session on prophecy. That was exciting. Just a few of us gathering to learn more, try things out and generally get fired up. It was really nice to not have to be 'on duty' as well! The day finished with a trip to kfc and fitting seven people in one car. I sat in the boot like some sort of animal. In fact, there was two of us in there. 

Monday arrived and I seriously struggled to get up and moving, but with several hours of cleaning under my metaphorical belt, and some studying done for my exposition on Galatians (due next week) I am feeling fairly sleepy, but looking forward to seeing lots of people at Prayer and Fasting tomorrow. 

I am not on the other hand, looking forward to the 5am wake up. Why do they do this to me?!

Kisses xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment