Friday 14 January 2011

Dead Tired

I think I am being prepared for the future if I become a parent with the whole not sleeping malarky. Life for me is always busy. Too much time on my own causes a downward spiral where I end up a nasty puddle on the floor as every teeny weensy little thought finally gets to me.

However, a similar thing happens when I don't have time to think. I'm away this weekend, up north (for me this is!) in Centre Parcs...yes again. It's a hard life huh! I'm really looking forward to hopefully having some time to myself. I'd appreciate that.

This week has been pretty manic, what with seeing a friend on Monday and having a very long catch up and chat, going to a leadership meeting on Tuesday, seeing the new Narnia Wednesday, and then two student meetings tonight, before I'm off for a weekend of learning how to be a better student worker. That's just the evenings and not the madness of life in the office after being away for three weeks...

I have learnt several things this week, from the benefit of knowing where you've put car keys, to not going to bed so late you sleep through your very loud alarm by two hours, to understanding that when God does stuff, a lot of the time, it's not a sudden thing but takes a fair amount of outworking, and that CS Lewis was a genius.

Best line... "In your world I'm known by another name..."
At this point, I and a friend may have shouted JESUS in the middle of the cinema and spent the rest of the night chatting about the Gospel and how it's been put into film by Hollywood and then proclaimed by every cinema that screens Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

Not that I'm a geek or anything...
On that note, this geek needs some rest if I am going to survive a trip to northern lands the next few days. In my suitcase I have currently packed; towels, systematic theology, an ESV Study Bible, make up, a bottle of wine, a tea towel, and some underwear. Somehow, I think that sums up my life.

Love and goodnight cherubs xxx

PS enjoy the fuzzy wuzzy lion x

No comments:

Post a Comment