Sunday 18 March 2012

Breakthrough and Everything


It's been a packed weekend, the first in a while.

Yesterday, church ran a conference called Everything, looking at how God wants to be involved in every sphere of life, from education, to sport, to art, to media and politics. It was an amazing day, I acquired a bright pink t.shirt, free lunch and a couple of lanyards. More important though was the wisdom that oozed from the speakers and the inspiration and vision for what the future could look like if we all worked together for the global good. 


The day left me knackered though, and with a head full of a billion thoughts, so it was good to get an early night, and spend this morning chilling in bed with my battered yet loved copy of The Hobbit. I often find that my thoughts don't make much sense, or there are too many of them to be able to form them into anything coherent. Reading things helps to quieten the racket that the ideas are making, and give me the peace to begin writing and attempting to deal with them. Sounds ridiculous but it seems to work. Anyway, by the time I got to church this afternoon I was feeling sort of frustrated and irritated for no real reason, just because I was confused.

I found myself grinding my teeth a little, and then, well God showed up. Now, it's not always like this, those moments of release where you're reminded so strongly that He's with you, that He knows everything and holds everything in hand and He won't let go of the desires He's put with in you. But, today it was. Today He just told me. And showed me. And was just with me, and it was amazing. No other words for it. 


And so this weekend saw a little of everything, and a little of breakthrough. It doesn't mean my situation has changed but it does mean my outlook has. 

Jeremiah 29:11-13 declares these incredible truths...

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."


And so this is what my week is beginning with, the promises that God wants to be involved in everything and He'll absolutely, most definitely, accomplish his purposes. That's a pretty great foundation for things if you ask me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment