Saturday 31 March 2012

A Little Perfection

Picture this, twenty people gathered around two burning fires, silently watching the girl with a guitar singing her heart out. Cold beer, mixed with a little lime sits in hand, and someone leans their head on a friends shoulder. The fires spit embers and smoke into the air and everyone shares that wistful moment, wondering if things could ever get more beautiful.

Harrow is a long way from where I live, it involves a ridiculous tube journey, and as we discovered this evening some running if you ever want to return from the outback that is zone five.

Despite this however, I have just enjoyed one of the best evenings possible. Some friends of mine live out that way, and the guys invited us over for a BBQ evening, with fire pits, huge amounts of food, and a whole lot of music and chat. It was the perfect start to the Easter holidays, for today I finished all of my lectures and seminars for first year. That's right, I seem to have survived.

It's time for this content child to head to bed, ready for an adventure with some friends tomorrow involving the Natural History Museum and a French Cafe.

Oh gosh, I love the blessings of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment