Saturday 6 November 2010

Music

So, another wonderful evening with my student and twenties buddies... Wow, that sounds lame. Still, I love them. Tonight was open mic, I was hosting which meant the constant use of a microphone and many a puzzled face as I realised that I still hadn't got the hang of how to turn it on. Sometimes I wonder why I'm not blonde, and then I understand that I would look HIDEOUS with blonde hair.

I digress, tonight was filled with astoundingly talented people showcasing their music. Everything from Alicia Keys, to Kings of Leon, to Tenth Avenue North to originals (I like those best!) was played tonigIht and added in a fair bit of DJing too. On top of this we had some delicious home made autumn themed cakes because we're cool like that, and some punch.

The punch itself is another story really. Yesterday the huge industrial oven and hob that resides in the church kitchen was announced as unsafe to use because it doesn't meet the most up to date laws. Such twaddle! Anywho, it meant that the wonderful punch we made tonight couldn't be heated. So, using our creative minds, a friend and I decided to make it in the microwave. A few weeks ago one of the guys in the office told me how you can super heat water in the microwave so that when you touch it it explodes in your face (it's a billion times hotter than just boiling water), so with this threat in mind we embarked upon the most epic of punch making missions. Fortunately it was delicious and I drank many a mug-ful of delicious autumn-ness.

So with all of this going on, I was then subjected to the beautiful voices of people who could sing. Needless to say, I wasn't going to complain. My general conclusion is, I love people who play guitar. Namely boys who have music genius. You make me melt at the knees, and in my middle and generally cripple me :)

Well done there.
So, with mush on the brain I'm going to go to bed. My younger sister is having a sleepover. These crazy tweenagers are no doubt going to disrupt my sleep. Nasty children. I am going to be the loving, patient and cool older sibling who does things like open mic and punch making.

Farewell friends.
Lots of insane love xxx


PS Tonight I met someone who recognised me from Facebook because he added me. I feel I have achieved new heights of cool. x

No comments:

Post a Comment