Monday 10 October 2011

Confused much?

Today I overslept by two and a half hours. Almost impressive if it wasn't so annoying. Still, I've achieved all I'd planned so I guess it's not all bad. I went to church this afternoon which was fun, looking at God's call upon our lives to love cities, and how that is outworked. It was something I needed to hear; exactly why I am where I am. So that was good. There were also Krispy Kreme Doughnuts at the end of the service as it was their seventh anniversary. Also good.

We went for drinks after church and decided at about half eight it was time to head home for dinner. We took a de-tour into Tesco's and then took the oh-so-memorable 'twenty five to Ilford' home. This is the bus that goes from literally outside Uni, to apparently most of London. It's useful, cheaper than the tube, but is certainly not quick and often contains some interesting characters. (On the way to church there was a three week old kitten in a box on the bus. CUTE.)

So anyway, home, dinner, and then locked into my room to read. I can only say that I am out of my depth. I've been using an online dictionary to attempt to decipher most of the words in one of these articles. Utterly ridiculous. We were warned it was tricky, but quite frankly I barely understood two sentences. Our seminar tomorrow could prove interesting.

Anyway, tomorrow is going to be a bit of a manic Monday, with lots of running around town, and back to back things I need to be at from 9am until gone 6pm. Excitingly though it's the first Amnesty International meeting of the year.

Love Amigos xo

No comments:

Post a Comment