Monday 3 October 2011

Busy Week

Wow, so the past seven days have flown past, and yet strangely, London continues to feel like a holiday or joke.

The bedbug situation got worse, and Thursday involved me and Sue washing literally everything we own that could be washed. Five and a half hours later, I had done no reading but did have all of my things in black bags, nicely laundered. Needless to say, I was not in the best of moods. Still, things are looking up, and although my room looks like a prison, with no curtains and hospital style bed sheets borrowed from Uni, hopefully the bugs are nearly gone.

Lectures began this week, and with continuous late nights of chatting it's been a challenge to stay awake for an hour of administration. Seminars are definitely going to be more productive I think. My poetry seminar leader person, is a little insane. In the, 'I love poetry, am a massive geek and will go off on one' kind of way... interesting for someone in their mid twenties!

Friday was a definite highlight, with the baking sunshine, a great lecture on Shakespeare, followed by my first trip to The Globe Theatre, where we saw Much Ado About Nothing. Has to be one of the most incredible things I have ever seen and certainly my most enjoyable experience of Shakespeare. As we walked around St Paul's  over the Millennium Bridge and into The Globe, it was one of several 'I love London and my life' moments.

Similar moment was repeated yesterday as we sat enjoying a picnic lunch in Hyde Park, surrounded by more of this strange October sunshine, and autumn leaves. There are some excellent photos. Anyway, I also got free perfume from a stand outside Marble Arch, enjoyed lunch from Pret a Manger and saw an interesting protest from some activists fighting for Sharia law in Syria and the UK. Oh, and some crazy Egyptian raffle house thing. It was a cultured day, what can I say.

Today, being Sunday, I went to church, and one of my flatmates came along to see what it was like, having been part of a church choir back home. (Definitely a great God thing!)

I love having the chance to get my focus back onto Jesus and worship was quite exceptional. We went out for Wagamamas with everyone after, but I must admit, I miss home and the community I have there. I guess it's just initial newbie feelings. The girls called me briefly though when I got back, and it was so good to hear them, but I was definitely jealous of them being together. I'm just resting in the fact that God has led me here verrry clearly, and He will provide as He has done already. (Perhaps a prayer point please??)

Anyway, once again it's well into the middle of the night, I have to be up early to get work done before lectures, and so I shall dash.

Send me post. I love the stuff and I'm getting a reputation of having excellent post sending friends, thanks very much, Antonia, Sam and Hazel!

Love to all, or y'all as my american friends say xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment