Monday 2 April 2012

Holiday Weekend

Following the beauties of my Friday night, I was dubious as to whether the rest of my first weekend of holiday would live up to my high hopes. Fortunately I have been pleasantly surprised and find myself still awake at this crazy time of night in an attempt to process and remember everything. There's nothing like a little blog blabber to organise one's head!

So, Saturday I got up rather earlier than I usually would but made my way to West London to meet two friends from home. The plan was the Natural History Museum but this was somewhat delayed by their getting lost, and so I continued the interruption with a latte in a cafe around the corner. After being reunited, hugging a lot and squealing a little,we made our way to the musuem, and spent a couple of hours being awed by the giant whale, the inside of a camel, and the incredible dinosaur's. It's a geeks paradise I'm telling you. Lunch involved delicious french sandwiches and pudding and a little more coffee in a rather sophisticated place. The food was divine but we definitely didn't succeed in the sophistication stakes.


Anyway, a short hop over to Leicester Square to collect some show tickets and then a wander past Whitehall to the Southbank Chocolate Festival. There was insufficient freebies at said festival so we bought some cookies and millionaire's shortcake and enjoyed the cooking wonders that were about instead. The rest of the day saw us head back to Leicester Square and enjoy a casual mojito at a bar which overlooks the whole of London. Another day of loving the city. 

Whilst my friend's went to see Les Mis (incredibly, incredibly jealous!) I went home, finished my essay, watched some House and got an earlyish night. Perfection.

Today conisisted of church fun, so some student teaching stuff, church, then drinks at a bar for about three hours. We spent time sharing our testimonies and it's amazing to hear the diversity in everyone's stories. Being a bit of a story geek, I've fallen in love with the grace that allows each one of us a story that details God's redemption. Each one reminds me how much God cares about us individually, how he values all that way go through, and has an incredible way of making all things work together for our good. Tonight I heard things that belong in a fictional novel, and not someone's real life, but all of it, the blend together and the variety of ways that God has changed people just blows me away. I love, love, love grace.


Returning to the east, I went to a friend's house for some dinner (mainly because he'd offered to cook me curry! Hurrah!) and then we chatted until near enough now.


The morning shall see friends descending on the flat for some scrummy breakfast and a bit of a prayer session before I head to Waterloo and travel back to the hometown. I seem to have crammed a lot into the weekend, and this post as a matter of fact, but it's good just to splurge a little. Here's to hoping that the supposed snow doesn't actually arrive this week, I've been far too happy about free feet in flip flops and the floral summer dresses being unpacked.


Blessings and hugs to one and to all.
Love xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment