Saturday 26 May 2012

Recently

So to say that the past month has been a little crazy would be a new stretch to the term, understatement. It's been insane. Not only because I've written thousands and thousands of words for my degree, or read a billion things, or even that first year has finally come to an end. All of those things have definitely made life hectic. But do you ever have that sense that there are bigger things at work? Or that there's just more going on? I've felt like that for a while.

Imagine you're in the sea (easy for me, the girl from the seaside town) and that the tide's just changed. Suddenly everything beneath you switches direction, becomes a little more unsure, a little less what you were comfortable with. I've suddenly made it to twenty one, half of my closest friends are venturing into the real world as they graduate from university this summer, and well I've been asked to get involved in leading some exciting things with church too. 

Perhaps being in the city it's easier to see how quickly life passes. From the madness of the commuters streaming towards the station (something I tend to avoid at all costs and yet had to submerge myself in on Wednesday for over an hour. Ergh.) to the topsy-turvey weather that we're having that suggests I now live in Miami rather than London, everything just feels as if it's zooming past. 

In this culture of change, I find myself flailing somewhat, just like the swimmer stuck out in the sea as the tide changes. I'm not a fan of change, and much less do I enjoy being the instigator, or the encourager of such, and yet that's where I think I find myself. How bizarre. In all of this, it makes me glad, and ever so happy to know that my life is built on a foundation that will never change, never fail, never falter. 

The promise I get and that has become the rock that everything else is built upon is this: 

'Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever' Hebrews 13:8

Tomorrow I'm popping to Brighton for the day with some friends, I'm looking forward to enjoying the sunshine, the sea, and hopefully a little shopping in the lanes. Brighton is beautiful, and I have tons of good memories from my time there so with the bbc telling me tis going to be 25 degrees, it's time to get some beauty sleep then slather myself in the factor 50 suncream I've just purchased.

No comments:

Post a Comment