Saturday 4 December 2010

A little less melancholy

I do apologise, sometimes I have slight tendencies to go over board in spilling my thoughts. So today, I'll keep it simple and fill you in on what I did.

Normally, I'm notorious for my 'non-stories', so for anyone who enjoys them, you've got a treat coming up today.

I got up at about half 11. Pretty late and I felt quite lazy but I was tiiiiiired! And it was nice prep for next week when I won't get to sleep. I spent the day doing my stupid assignment. Now, I'm all for a little work, and I totally love what I get to study with FP buuuut my assignment this time has been a little bit of drudgery that I participate in every Monday on my study day...or on Saturday's when I haven't finished it.

I've attempted to vaguely creatively re-write the story of Jesus' life as a timeline, with some key events. I'm annoyed with it, because it's not how I'd like it to be, and it lacks the pazzaz that I started it with. And yes, pazzaz is totally a word.

Still, it's no exam, I shouldn't be a perfectionist and it's finished. I do need to attempt to find some paper for my printer though...oops!

Later on we put up the Christmas decorations, which, though super early cos I'm away next weekend, was fun. Christmas is a pretty big deal in my house, and seriously family orientated, and we have various odd traditions and such so I always love doing festive type things.

We gobbled some pizza (I'm doing terribly at being healthy currently) and then went to see Harry Potter. Which I LOVE. I am a geek at heart, and Harry Potter and co fulfil my love for all things geeky, magical and out of this world. This was the second time I'd seen it but it was still pretty good. I probably shouldn't start reading the book again or I'll end up all critical. My darling younger sister hasn't read the book so she was super confused but some skittles came in handy with keeping her occupied.

I am now home and packing. Normally I love packing, it's like playing tetris with my own belongings. Instead I am about to have a paddy due to my inability to pack lightly, and my hopeless choice of bags...ie, I have none that I can use.

Still, there are lots of exciting things coming up and I am nice and warm in a giant pink jumper. Life, though not perfect, is a little less melancholy than I believed it to be yesterday.

Sweet dreams children
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment