Friday 3 December 2010

Hibernation part 2

I feel as if a little bit of my head has shut down. Not sure if it's due to the horrific amounts of snow and ice, or due to the fact that sometimes I just can't hold all of the ponderings that I have without first going insane, then going emotional and then going quiet.

I'm tempted to lean towards the latter. This week has been fairly quiet. I had a really lovely day on Wednesday, with a cell social and such. I love Christmas for the stupid amounts of cheese and wine you get to eat. Amongst other things. I had one of those moments of looking around at a big roomful of people and realising that they are family. Cheesy yes, but that is one of the reasons that I love the church. The beauty of having brothers and sisters in Christ astounds me. 

Thursday I was meant to be in Salisbury having breakfast and then going to a Regional meeting and seeing all of my FP friends. Snow fell, everything was white and the roads were treacherous; needless to say, it was cancelled. I spent the day at home having snow ball fights, walking to Tesco and putting things in the loft...I now have 2 giant boxes of space in my room. Hurrah!

Today was back to the office after a super fun walk to work in wellies. I like to think I looked pretty cool, or I just looked like an idiot trying not to slip over in all of the ice. Again, I'm guna lean towards the likelihood of the latter. 

I've not really seen that much of people this week, compared to normal this is...and I'm inclined to think it a good thing. I definitely need time on my own and as next week is a full on, super social, crazy learning, mad partying, gig filled week, now is probably a good time to hang out at home, wear big jumpers, look skanky and not see anyone apart from family. 

Today I was having coffee with someone and I began to realise how much I chat about you guys. It's so stupid, you'd think I'd be fairly stable and fine with it all, but it's still hard. I started writing this blog last year when everything changed (hence the name) and I know I hate change but sometimes it still hits me between the eyes, just how different my life is. I love it, don't get me wrong, I'm so so blessed, God is faithful and good, but I, ever the control freak definitely struggle when I can't control situations. 

Probably because in my pride I think I know best. Lots of the time I don't. 

(I am very aware this blog makes very little sense to most people and is full of more waffle than dutch pancakes)

You each amaze me. Each of you inspire me. I see hope in each of your eyes. I'm just waiting. One day, someday, soon. 

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Goodnight
x

No comments:

Post a Comment