Friday 20 April 2012

During the Hail



"March winds and April showers, bring forth May flowers"

I won't lie, the sky has been a little bi-polar the past few weeks, what with icy winds, torrential rain and the odd outburst of glorious sunshine. It's made spending time outside an adventure in itself, and I've successfully managed to destroy two umbrellas in the space of three weeks. 


Still, it's leant me some time to do some reading, and some chilling, both of which I don't do that much of. And, as I hear you scoffing at my lack of reading, let me qualify that...I read a lot. But that's because my degree makes me. (And don't get me wrong I love the learning, geek that I am!) But, it's not the same as picking up any ol' book that you find on your shelves, and hiding away with dusty pages and a cup of tea.

So, that's what I did these past few weeks. Whilst it hailed outside, I've been working my way through a number of books, mainly about dragons and magic, and elves and dwarves. What can I say, I like fantasy. It's been pretty delightful.

Unfortunately imagination isn't reality, and I've had to break into the real world on occasion. Fortunately for me, that's not too difficult when there are lots of friends to catch up with and new cafes to try.



Yesterday I went to a new deli, about 15 minutes from where I live. This place opened a few months ago, and as they have bunting in the windows, I rather expected to like the place. I wasn't disappointed. Armed with vanilla chai, a friend and I whiled away a couple of hours, pausing our conversation to buy some earl grey and marvel at the cuteness of the cafe. Everything was really reasonably priced (one of the benefits of not being in London!) and the staff were so friendly. Made me want them to sit down and join us. 

Anyway, following my lovely morning of civilised tea and chat, I joined some other friends for lunch before heading home (in the rain and hail I might add). Today I paid my respects to Nero and got some work done in there, following a trip to T.K.Maxx where I ogled their handbags and debated buying half of them. 

I was very restrained you'll be pleased to know. Anyway, the tiresome task that is packing needs to be done as I head back to London tomorrow. I love home, but living in that tiny-box-harry-potter-couldn't-fit-in room, has stretched me to my limits. 

I'll be sure to note any interesting people on my travels tomorrow, and write about my appalling performance at the pub quiz in the evening. For now, I'm going to ignore the looming deadlines and exams that require my attention, they along with the hail can remain outside of my thoughts. 

Love and nuzzling friends.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment