Sunday 22 April 2012

A Sunday of Delights

I returned to London yesterday afternoon, and with quite a flourish managed to come last in the Pub Quiz I was at in the evening. The shame, the shame. Anyway...

Sundays are normally one of my favourite days of the week. They tend to involved going to church which I love, and that in turn also involves seeing friends which I love too. Mix in some coffee before, or dinner after and that's a good day right there. Today was a delight though.

This morning I met a friend for breakfast in Bethnal Green, and we went to Columbia Road flower market. I've been meaning to visit for ages, but until now have yet to find the motivation to get up early on a Sunday morning. I'm sure you understand. Anyway, after getting trapped behind a locked gate (oh the joys of uni security) and then getting a tad lost, I was finally able to meet Lizzie. We sat in a very cute cafe, eating croissants and drinking the best coffee I've had since leaving London three weeks ago. Then we poked about in the most exciting shops, full of books, vintage jewellery and designer clothes, before fighting our way through the stalls of flowers. I was so incredibly restrained to not buy anything, but they would've been ruined by the time I got home tonight.


As we both had other plans for the day it was a bit of a short trip, and though we could've happily listened to the busking cellist for a long while, we unfortunately had to leave. However, I think I might've found a new favourite place to hang out. 

The rest of the day I spent drinking tea and reading whilst waiting for friends, and then a huge starbucks social with friends from church before heading to church itself.


I've got plenty that's filling my brain so I'm going to read and journal and head to bed for an early night. I'm looking forward to the arrival of friends tomorrow as they return to uni. Hurrah for good things, and hurrah for sunday.

Delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment