Monday 18 October 2010

Just another manic monday

Or manic weekend really!
But, it has been fantastic so I wont complain. Saturday was an entire day off, yes a whole 24 hours without any responsibilities of the official kind. That in itself was quite a relief. I spent the day shopping, seeing the amazing Sarah who I hadn't seen in forever and surprised me by being in Bournemouth and then a little trip out for dinner and a movie. Sounds romantic eh? More just a big girly group thing actually but, delightful nonetheless!

We had some tasty mexican food which reminded me of the guacamole song. Look it up on youtube if you have never seen it. You are definitely missing out. It's a recipe for guacamole done to music. Truly special. Anyway, we saw 'Eat, pray, love' which I was uber excited about because in many ways that's the catchphrase to my life.

I love food, God and people. Not necessarily in that order.
Anyway, I digress, the film was disappointing. Julia Roberts, whom I normally love, just runs away from her problems, travels a bit, meditates and then ends up with a hot brazilian man. All nice and innocent I guess for a couple of hours of entertainment but I just found the whole thing empty and sad.

At this point, friends may say I'm being too serious and it's just a film but I think it's so representative of how the western world sees things and it's just total rubbish. Pursuing those things is empty, it's not going to satisfy or give you peace.

So that was one half of the weekend. The second half was just as busy, with a guest speaker at church called Adrian Holloway and thereore our building was absolutely heaving.Seriously exciting stuff. We had a student lunch, saw over 120 people there and then I finished the day with Why Jesus (our version of Alpha), a drink at the pub and then a spontaneous trip to the forest to star gaze.

I am a sucker for star gazing.

In the process we thought we were being attacked by a demonic horse. It was truly terrifying and then I couldn't get into the car because my door was locked. Scary pyjamas to say the least. Oh, and I dropped the coffee flask. Madness and mayhem but some seriously fun times with friends.

So, for anyone who actually wanted to know, which in reality is probably not many people, that is my weekend. Not in enough detail, or with enough explanation of the hilarity that was had but a nice little explanation of what I've been up to in days gone by.

It's funny, I get teased a lot that I just share 'non-stories' a lot. I think my blog is a little like that. I tend to burble and ramble about what I'm thinking. Perhaps someone out there in cyberspace might find it funny. Or helpful. Or just a suggestion for something NOT to do.

Again babbling. I am pretty happy. In a week I'm going to be in Bristol for some more FP training and I have that excited anticipation butterfly feeling. Not quite sure why. I am looking forward to seeing people again. It's funny, I have this weird ability to love people that I don't actually know that well...and it means I miss them too.

Okay, definitely need to write more in the diary and less in the blog.

I hope you are all going to have the most amazing week and you get up to all sorts of fun things. If you ever want to check out some other stuff I'm doing, see

http://citygatestudentsandtwenties.blogspot.com/

Lots of love and hugs (hugs are great aren't they!?)
Sleep time for me
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment