Sunday 31 October 2010

Sunday goodness

I'll start from the beginning. 
After returning from Bristol I must admit I was rather unimpressed with the prospect of an all-night event in the forest and having to finish organising. But lucky to say, it all seemed to go pretty well, teams had fun, cheated only minorly and no one died. HURRAH! Mission accomplished. 

However, a night in the forest and no real sleep for approx 26 hours left me feeling a little unhinged. So, saturday day I slep (HOW do people who do night shifts manage?!!) and spent the evening chilling out with pizza, mulan and the girls. Not a bad way to recover, and we had fun watching Hazel becoming a caterpillar in her sleeping bag. A dancing, spotty caterpillar at that. 

I have also decided I would like a cape. More on that later.

Sunday rolled round again, and with the wonderfulness of an extra hour of sleep and only needing to be at the second service, the day began pretty well. We had an exciting service for the gift week, and lots of talk about the lost - nothing like a healthy challenge to get your hear in the right place.

A nice bring and share lunch followed and we had the most epic amount of chicken I have ever seen. It was nearly a chicken party.
Everyone went to Becky's house and we ate the leftover biscuits and quality street whilst drinking tea and watching the Notebook which is definitely a favourite film of mine. Interestingly, the guys seemed more in support of The Notebook than anything else - definitely became a little soppy. (Which of course I would never ever, ever do...)

[This is where the cape comes in, after Saturday's fun with a sleeping bag, and the lead in mulan wearing a cape, was astounded to see Ryan Gosling wearing a cape in The Notebook. And a red one at that. HOT is all I have to say]


The day wound up with some time at the pub, chilling out and chatting. We said bye to some friends who are off to India (of which I'm pretty envious) and had a nice little catch up.

Home now and fearing insomnia or nocturnalness as a result of LOST. The cat is trying to attack me and I think I need sleep for the madness that is my week ahead.

Check out Heather Woods Broderick if you also need some sleep.
Much love, especially those who made this weekend pretty fab.
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment