Friday 15 October 2010

Pineapple saga once more?

Tonight I begun learning guitar. I fear that I may have no finger tips and continue to sound like a seriously slow and dying cat when playing.

However, I did achieve every chord from my sister's guitar book...just not in any semblance of a listenable song.

I somehow doubt that I'm ever going to be a genius guitarist... I just don't think my skills lie in that direction. Requires some sort of knowledge of pitch and notes. This sadly, and despite my interest is not really knowledge I have.

No doubt I shall update you on my slow slow progress. Lets hope it's not like the pineapple growing which died a slow, disappointing and surprisingly smelly death.

In other news, I was asked today what I thought my 'good qualities' were, which unearthed the whole boasting/humility deal, as well as a genuine contemplation of what they are. It's harder than you think to come up with things that aren't just things you're good at, but qualities...
Someone tell me how you manage to not be proud about those things but still recognise where your strengths lie? Hmmmmm

So there we have both the skills dilemma of the day and the philosophical. Someone respond to one or both. Definitely in need of help. No surprise there.

I would also like to say that Katie Millwe is an absolute legend and I love her billions. She makes me think about things differently. Find her, meet her, and learn from her - she's the coolest.

(AND no, she didn't pay me to say that. 1 - I don't submit to bribery and 2 - I don't think she's aware I keep a blog)

Happy Weekend excitement to all, and to all a goodnight.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment